Sunday, December 4, 2011

A few of my favorite things...


One of my favorite things about owning the market is getting to order holiday and seasonal items.


Because seasonal items are ordered months ahead, when they actually arrive you can pretty much guarantee you've forgotten 95 percent of what you picked. That makes seasonal freight-days feel like Christmas morning!


The last two Friday freight-days, I've added a boatload of fun new holiday items to the New Items tab above. But, I also thought I'd share of few of my favorites. All of my picks are $12 or under as I'm a firm believer that gift-giving doesn't have to cost a fortune.


Favorite hostess/teacher/no-brainer gift - These large jar candles have the quintessential smells of Christmas. Just $5.99:



Favorite girls' gift - This adorable tea set with service for four. With its little tray and toast, any little girl would love it. Just $11.99 (and it's plastic so even the littlest girls can enjoy):


Favorite boys' gift - All the fun of a water-gun but propels foam missiles instead. Boasting that they launch up to 25 feet, this has 'little boy' written all over it. Just $8.99:



Favorite gift for the little ones - Choose from Elmo, Dora, Thomas, or Cars...this set contains three books and sound strip for just $10.99 (batteries included - yay!):



Favorite family gift - This game certainly has been popular already. At just $7.99, it's a great group pick:


Favorite stocking stuffer for Mom - I love this little metal French-inspired clock. It's petite size and scale make it a perfect choice for desktop, powder-room, or even tucked in a bookshelf. Sooo cute and only $3.99!:


Favorite stocking stuffer for Dad - One Size Traction Cleats. While I haven't tried these, I want to. With a quick and easy Velcro strap, they're just $8.99 (unisex too so not JUST for dad):


With three weeks to go, the countdown to Christmas has begun! Be sure and check out our holiday New Items. You might be surprised what you'll find at our market!

Let the countdown begin!
-The Grocer's Wife 
p.s. Quantities are limited on seasonal items. Once they sell out, we can't get them back in.