Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A hint of autumn on Kamiak Butte...


For the first time in a long time, I got out this morning and took a hike with a dear friend on Kamiak Butte. A hint of autumn is just beginning to show itself and since I hadn't had my camera out in a bit, I went a little overboard with the photos. 

Autumn on Kamiak is all about warm color and texture slowly yielding to a coming chill. Come along on our hike. 

I love the changing leaves... 

 

Texture that beckons your touch...



The quiet of the trail...


Beauty close up...



And, beauty in the distance...





Colors so vibrant you can almost hear them...






And, quiet so silent it's felt... 



This view greets you out your passenger's-side window en route to Kamiak and out your driver's-side window when you leave. Now, that's what I call nature's hospitality. 


Hope you find a moment this fall to 'take a hike', too :)
-The Grocer's Wife