Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Saturday in Palouse...


Saturdays in Palouse are my favorite day of the week. The vibe in town is relaxed (okay, it's always pretty relaxed - we're a small town after all); but on the weekend, people are even more attuned to spending time with family and friends and just enjoying life. It's nice. 

This morning as I walked through town, I realized how pretty all the flowers had gotten, and I thought I'd share some pictures for those of you who are kind enough to visit our blog from places far away.


These are the flowers in front of the market. I just got them a week ago after scoring this adorable vintage shopping cart from Open Eye right across the street (pictured below). If you ever come to visit our little town, Open Eye Consignment Shop (and its secondary store, Open Eye Furniture Gallery & Bookstore - just down the block) are must-see stops.


I'm telling you, they have THE best stuff! You could get lost in them searching through all the treasures and never want to leave.

So, here's hoping your Saturday (in Palouse, or wherever you are) is filled with images that make you smile (flower pics always do it for me):





Happy Weekend!
-The Grocer's Wife