Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summer's coming to the market...and it's all NEON!


So, I'm walking through the market the other day checking out some of the new summer items that have arrived and I noticed something: they're ALL bright, neon colors! It started with the Freezer Pops (the first to arrive), and it has just continued from there. See what I mean:


When The Grocer and I spotted this display of neon water balloons at last fall's buying show, we thought, "Yeah!..nothing says summer fun like water balloons!" (Now, when I see this display, I feel like I owe every parent who comes in the market a personal apology.)


Honestly, I am sooo sorry. (Our kids are grown...I have forgotten what it's like.)


In addition to our neon water balloons, we have neon fly swatters...


neon ring flyers (akin to a frisbee)...


neon jump ropes...


neon sidewalk chalk...


neon citronella wrist bands...
 

neon stunt gliders...


And, yes, even neon can cozies...

I have no idea what to make of all this other than: it's a grocery thing:)
-The Grocer's Wife