Monday, April 11, 2011

Color The Palouse...


Saturday on The Palouse was like a scene created from a virtual Crayola box, and that thought got me reminiscing.

When I was a kid (the painfully shy girl with blue glasses), I loved nothing more than those moments in class when the teacher would pass out the giant sheets of tissue-paper-thin writing paper (upper half for drawing; lower half with hatched-lines for writing - penmanship mattered:). 

You see, I couldn't play sports to save my life. PE...ugh. I still need therapy to recover from those memories. Even recess, pretty much a nightmare for the socially introverted. But, a blank sheet of paper and my imagination...heaven. With a freshly-sharpened pencil and the 64-count Crayola box (replete with handy, built-in sharpener), the world was my oyster. 

So, if I had to color Saturday's scenes from The Palouse (virtual Crayola box in hand), here's what I'd choose. For the light and airy skies and hints of growth in the fields:

PERIWINKLE and FOREST GREEN


And, for the more saturated skies and last year's stubble...


CORNFLOWER and MAIZE


Wishing you a week filled with your favorite colors.
-The Grocer's Wife