Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Remembering Dad...March 21, 1928–March 8, 2007


If there were such a thing as a pictorial dictionary, my dad's photo would surely depict the entry for preacher. It embodied everything about him, and years after he last officially pastored a church, Dad still got up every day and donned his suit and tie.

His spiritual side was marked by prayer and studying his beloved scriptures, and he lived out the admonition to "take up your cross daily."

On the human side, my dad LOVED food. 

He truly enjoyed eating (perhaps more than anyone I've ever known), and one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind when The Grocer and I purchased the market was what a big kick Dad would've gotten knowing that we now owned a grocery store FULL of food.

Now, when a new item comes in that would've tempted his palate...I like to think Dad's smiling down on us. 

-The Grocer's Wife