Monday, March 14, 2011

A quiet walk...



Can you spot the three turtles? Click on image to enlarge.







I had a hard time quieting my mind this weekend. 

It had been a busy week prior, and I was struggling to get caught up. And, even though my 'to do' list was filled with necessary things I needed to get done for the market, it all seemed so trivial in light of the sad and devastating news out of Japan.

So, with my mind racing amid little focus, The Grocer and I headed to one of my favorite places - University of Idaho's Arboretum & Botanical Garden. It's about 20 minutes from Palouse, and it's the perfect place to go to clear your head. 

Though the temperature was near-50, few folks were out and about there yet, so we walked in near-silence with only the crunch of last year's fallen leaves underfoot.

It was just what I needed.

Wishing you a quiet walk this week.
-The Grocer's Wife