Monday, January 31, 2011

Remembering Jim...June 26, 1955 - Jan. 31, 2006

me in kindergarten - Jim graduating high school

I never met anyone who didn't like my brother, Jim.

Strong, charming, and so smart - he had the best sense of humor and an infectious laugh...and I adored him.

Though he stood 5'7" (on a good day), he was larger than life in my eyes. He knew the things that mattered; he didn't sweat the small stuff; and he was so much fun, you just wanted to be around him.

Twelve years his junior, I wanted to be just like Jim when I grew up. Now, in my 40s, I still do.

Five years ago today, he died. The Grocer and I had yet to find Palouse and purchase the market - but I know Jim would've been cheering us on. 

Not a day goes by that I don't think of him and miss him. But, likewise, not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for each moment I was given as his sister.

Wishing each of you a 'Jim' in your life.
-The Grocer's Wife