Friday, January 28, 2011

Let's take a field trip...

One of the things I love most about living in the town of Palouse is its proximity to things. 

Oftentimes in rural locations, it can be quite a trek to other towns and cities. But, that's not the case with Palouse. You can get to Pullman, WA or Moscow, ID in under 20 minutes; Lewiston, ID in about an hour; and Spokane, WA and Coeur d' Alene, ID in under an hour and a half. 

So, last week when we had a perfect winter day I took advantage of that proximity to things and headed to my favorite spot in Moscow - the University of Idaho's Arboretum & Botanical Garden. 

I knew I didn't have much time to spend there. In fact, I was probably there a total of 20 minutes. But, it was so worth it.

 In the midst of winter, there were splashes of orange
 and red
 solitary benches beckoned
And the skies were downright magical. 
Sometimes a 20 minute field trip is all you need. 
Happy Weekend.
-The Grocer's Wife